• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

children sexually molested....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klickety_klack

What is the name of your state? ohio

ok my mother used to babysit my children while i was at work and insist on them staying the night to get to see them more. last october we found out that they were both being molested by my brother who lived there. They both told us things that happened my daughter was 6 my son 4. we contacted childrens services and the sheriffs dept and they investigated . my brother at the time was on probation for stealing checks and he ended up confessing to his po when questioned. he was not put in jail. we put the children i counseling and it was discovered they had a pretty good rape charge with my son.he only confeesed to my daughter. his charges were gross sexual imposaiton 2 counts and rape. well hes claiming he is slow mentally and did not know what he was doing. hes taken 3 lie detector tests, confessed, has had 2 mental competency tests and still has not been sentenced. next month will be 1 full year, we tried to hire our own attorney instead of the prosecutor but were told we could not and that unfortunately the prosecutor sees his client as the state. my brother still lives inn a house with a young child and another convicted sexual offender. while on probation. the prosecutor has refused to talk to us and sent us to see a victims advocate who feeds us a line of crap every time. she insisted hed want to discuss the case with us.and talk to the children never happened in fact we've been to court 3 x's already and they cancelled w/o telling us. we're frustrated nothing is getting done. i'm ready to contact montel or something. What can we as victims do? Can we have access to the investigation? They plea bargained the rape charge for 1 count gross sexual imposition and did not tell us we found out by reading it in the newspaper. does he have to ask us or can he just do that? why plea when hes already confessed? noone will talk to us and we;d like to see the records because maybe it was a weak case after all. does anyone have any advice? we tried protesting about it in the local papers as a way of saying hey this needs attentioon because we feel we are only one of many familys who are probably dealing with the same thing. the local paper said to print it they'd be convictibng him as well i say who cares?! they are also wanting to put him in a home suited for his menmtal status. theres noyhing wrong with him i should know hes my brother. and why care how he'd adjust he did this to my kids they had no choice....please help!!!!

Son of Slam

klickety_klack said:
What is the name of your state? ohio

ok my mother used to babysit my children while i was at work and insist on them staying the night to get to see them more. last october we found out that they were both being molested by my brother who lived there. They both told us things that happened my daughter was 6 my son 4. we contacted childrens services and the sheriffs dept and they investigated . my brother at the time was on probation for stealing checks and he ended up confessing to his po when questioned. he was not put in jail. we put the children i counseling and it was discovered they had a pretty good rape charge with my son.he only confeesed to my daughter. his charges were gross sexual imposaiton 2 counts and rape. well hes claiming he is slow mentally and did not know what he was doing. hes taken 3 lie detector tests, confessed, has had 2 mental competency tests and still has not been sentenced. next month will be 1 full year, we tried to hire our own attorney instead of the prosecutor but were told we could not and that unfortunately the prosecutor sees his client as the state. my brother still lives inn a house with a young child and another convicted sexual offender. while on probation. the prosecutor has refused to talk to us and sent us to see a victims advocate who feeds us a line of crap every time. she insisted hed want to discuss the case with us.and talk to the children never happened in fact we've been to court 3 x's already and they cancelled w/o telling us. we're frustrated nothing is getting done. i'm ready to contact montel or something. What can we as victims do? Can we have access to the investigation? They plea bargained the rape charge for 1 count gross sexual imposition and did not tell us we found out by reading it in the newspaper. does he have to ask us or can he just do that? why plea when hes already confessed? noone will talk to us and we;d like to see the records because maybe it was a weak case after all. does anyone have any advice? we tried protesting about it in the local papers as a way of saying hey this needs attentioon because we feel we are only one of many familys who are probably dealing with the same thing. the local paper said to print it they'd be convictibng him as well i say who cares?! they are also wanting to put him in a home suited for his menmtal status. theres noyhing wrong with him i should know hes my brother. and why care how he'd adjust he did this to my kids they had no choice....please help!!!!

Another case of non-mothering in favor of the almighty buck turns sour. And who do you blame? Your brother, pulled the wool over your eyes? It is a shame so many of today's children are victims of busted up homes.

K

klickety_klack

ok let me get this right i'm guilty for working because of this its my fault? um because i did not milk the system for welfare my children had this happen? because if this is what you are saying you are quite frankly a dumb ****.... my children are not vixctims of a broken home.... i now stay at home with them full time and we support ourselves off of my husbands income

C

coosi

This is not your fault, you're trying to make the best of a terrible situation. You said the children were in counseling, I believe? Usually counselors can be a resource. Maybe a women's shelter could steer you in the right direction, they advocate for women and children. Don't give up, there is too much at stake here.

Good luck!!

K

klickety_klack

i'm not sure if maybe i've been misunderstood so i'd love to clear up a few things
1. i did/do not live with my mother
2. my mother was the babysitter she left them with my brother on occasion
3. i am not a single parent my husband and i both worked 1st shift
4. my brother has never committed a offense like this he was on probation for checks
5. they no longer go over there
6. i reported it the instant i found out
7. they have been in counseling since

Son of Slam

klickety_klack said:
. let me get this right i'm guilty for working because of this its my fault..... i now stay at home with them full time and we support ourselves off of my husbands income

Welcome back to motherhood.

K

klickety_klack

when i posted i expected someone with real advice and not deragotory comments... so I will ask again is there anything else we can do?

calatty

Prosecutors do represent the state, not the victim or the victim's family. Victims cannot go out and hire their own prosecutors because only the state can prosecute criminal cases. Most crimimal cases are resolved by plea bargains. In a plea bargain, a prosecutor allows the defendant to plead guilty to a lesser charge to spare the state the time and expense of a trial. The state cannot afford to try every case. Resolving cases can take a long time, particularly where the defendant raises mental competency issues, because the defendant has to be examined by state-appointed mental health professionals. If you know the case number, you can go to the court and look at the case file which is public record. I have no idea why he would still be permitted to live with a child, but you might want to warn that child's parent.

H

happynow

Thank you momma_tiger for pointing this looser out to us.
And to think I almost waisted my time defending her. Guess I need to read the bord mor often.
As for you klickety_klack, how could anyone, especially a mother want to abandon her own flesh and blood, and put it in the arms of the state to be raised by cold strangers......you should have all your children taken !!!!!!

K

klickety_klack

Maybe you should find out the whole story before you jump up to the plate to bash them. I did not abandon my own flesh and blood he was diagnosed at 6 moths after i had already signed papers...

H

happynow

So why not leave well enough alone. The child is happy, your parents are happy.
It's better that the babies mother support the child than us, the taxpayers, that is exactly who would be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">