• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City Court Correct Records--State Has Records Incorrect

• Thread starter lia_moonwhisper
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lia_moonwhisper

What is the name of your state?

Kansas

Ok, in May of 1997, I had charges of Possession of Drug Paraphenailia and Possession of Marijuana dismissed in court.

In June of 1998, I was charged with Misdemeanor Criminal Damage to Property and Misdemeanor Theft.

November of 1998, I recieved my Certified Nurses Aides license and tried to find employment only to be told that I was not eligible. And tried every so often to see if the status had changed.

In August of 2000, I had applied to drive taxi locally for a close friend and she was informed that I had Felonies of all of the above mentioned. She straighted it out with the Police Department Captain and he granted me a commercial cab drivers license.

So, this last November I recertified my CNA license and have been trying to find employment only to hear that I am not eligible and nothing more.

I have sent off for a copy of my background/criminal record.

If the charges are listed all as felonies (incorrectly) can I sue the state offices for the last 4 years of not being able to obtain employment in the field I have been licensed and trying to obtain employment for.

I am a single mother, on welfare trying to get back out in the field of work where I can support myself and my child and give back to the community of other single moms or families in need. I have used my time wisely by bettering my education and worked for minimum wage which doesn't get you far if you are not living in HUD or Section 8 Housing.

Someone tell me I haven't been screwed out of a good paying job with benefits for nothing.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">