• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil liberty violation????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmruner

recently while in a e.r. with my 18 yr old daughter, who had been brought to hospital via ambulance, the nurse handling treatment of my daughter, asked for i.d. from her, under the pretense of needing it for her chart. being a nurse myself, i considered this an unusual request, but the situation being what it was, i did not question this.
As it turns out the hospital employs an off-duty policeman as a security officer and he/she stays on site. the nurse took the i.d. provided by my daughter to the officer, who in turn began threating to arrest my daughter if she did not provide information as to the origin of the fake i.d.
my question is does the hospital/nurse have the authority/obligation to handle police investigations, or was this a civil liberties violation.
Thx in advance for you response

J

jmruner

reply to renter3

Renter,
No she was not, does that help you with the ability to respond to my question, or was that just a cheap shot?????? thx

R

renter3

No if she has a fake id, and she is under 18 and they operated or treated her because they thought she was of legal age....they could be sued big time.

AND HOW DO THEY KNOW YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO SCAM THEM INTO A LAWSUIT?

And just like any whore who would have a fake id then sleep with an older guy and claim statutory rape...same krapola!

So you see what BIG trouble your daughter can cause with a fake ID.

Last edited:

calatty

No, this was not a civil liberty violation. For the officer to ask for ID through the nurse was not an illegal search or seizure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">