• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jean Faulkner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
IN July 02 2008 (I am still within the statute of limitations), I had walked with an acquaintance in downtown St. Louis and sat on a park bench. About 5 minutes later I looked across the park and saw an afro-american man pointing at me standing with three police officers. I walked over to them. On of the polce oficers asked me "what is your side of the story?". I belive I answered "what story?". I was immediatlely handcuffed and put in the back of a patrol car. About 10-15 minutes later I was driven to a hospital and put in a cell where I was drugged and told to "go to sleep". I was not released unitil 17 days later. I did not find out why I was there until I got the hospital records which claimed I was walking up and down the street asking people what race they where and then yelling at them. None of which is true.
I did recoginize the afro-american man as being the same man who had caused a disturbance a month or two prior (to my incident) by threatening the person I was talking to. At that time somone had called the police and he as talken away.
I believe this same man had some type of grudge againt me. I was not involved with his threats and said nothing at that time.
I am suing the police for violation fo my civil rights.
I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">