• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Suit for a False Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boisestate2000

I live in Boise, Idaho. Recently, I was charged with wreckless driving, not by the officer, but by an issuing party which they had no grounds to do so. The issuing party was "tailgating and flashing their highbeams" and followed me for 10 miles, but yet claimed that it was me who was being wreckless.

I had a pre-trial with the Prosecuting Attorney who was handling my case, and I was told that he would call me to reschedule a new pre-trial since he did not have any information regarding the case. The Prosecuting Attorney quit shortly after I had met with him, which I missed the Trial by Jury and a bench warrant was issued for my arrest. I turned myself in, self arrest, and bonded out.

It is clear that this is a false acquisition, which I have hired an attorney, an ex-prosecutor for 15 years, to help resolve this matter. The attorney has advised me, after this matter is done, that I can file a suit against the issuing party in small claims court for a false acquisition and recover the cost and expenses that was occurred due to this citation.

My question is, does anyone know, besides the attorney cost and expenses that were occurred, what I can sue for and for how much? I was told that I can sue for pain and suffering because of the issues of this false acquisition, such as the self arrest due to the bench warrant, the time that I spend dealing with this matter, and other things as such.

I would never file a suit against anyone because it is something that I do not believe in. (i.e. I'm not sue happy unlike many people in the world today). However, I feel that the issuing party should be responsible for their own actions and I want to prevent it from happening to someone else that may be innocent, and by filing a civil suit, this is the only means that I can hold the issuing party responsible.

If someone could let me know, what else I could sue for and for how much, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm needing to know what my rights are as a victim because of this matter. Thank you.

Last edited:

H

Humble Warrior

"........it is clear that this is a false acquisition, which I have hired an attorney, an ex-prosecutor for 15 years, to help resolve this matter. The attorney has advised me, after this matter is done, that I can file a suit against the issuing party in small claims court for a false acquisition and recover the cost and expenses that was occurred due to this citation........."

Read the paragraph above again.....it's yours.....I just copied,and pasted it. Do you see the part about hiring an attorney,or the part that says "My attorney"?
OK......who do you think you might want to ask?
A) a room full of strangers
B) The person you are paying to tell you this stuff

If you chose "A" your a moron

B

boisestate2000

I think that you're the moron. The purpose of asking is to see if someone may have been in the same situation.

If there is someone that has been in the same situation, then they should know what to expect and be able to give advise and counsel based upon their own experience and knowledge of what took place.

Only by this can you really understand what should be expected because it is the experience of others that you gain knowledge from.

Each situation is different, which no attorney could possibly know the outcome. They can only give direction as where to go, and give advice based upon the situations of others that are similar to you own.

Based upon your comment, it is apparent that you are an avid retard that has no common sense to knowledge, therefore, you are probably an uneducated individual seeking only attention for yourself.

If you don't have anything to say that would be considered intellegent, then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all because it is this that you make yourself look foolish.

H

Humble Warrior

I'm a moron? I'm not the one asking for advice in a forum room after having retained legal council in my home state. Nor am I the one who uses the term "aquisition" in the place of "accusation"
In my state,"False Aquisition" is a term the government uses for "payday" LOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">