• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clarification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agw0304

Hello, I live in Kansas and have been dating a guy for almost a year. I have known ever since we first started dating, that he had been in jail on Sex Offense charges from a bad time in his life (he was an alcoholic). I am wanting some clarifications as to what he did, I do not feel that it is my place to put him on the spot and ask him exactly what happened and what all his charges mean, because he is very sensitive about the whole issue (he is very ashamed for everything he did during that time in his life). I know that he "picked up" a girl at a bar very late at night. She was only 13, but he was not aware of that, (who would guess a 13 year old at a bar late at night?). His charges (as listed on an offender website) are as follows: Aggravated Indecent Solicitation of a Child <14, Attempted Rape, and Sexual Intercourse with a Child <14. Can someone clarify what these charges mean? And what consequences they will have on our life together once he is off parole (in 2 months)? Thanks

cdkelley

clarification

I would think the charges would mean exactly what they state-indecent behavior with a minor & attempted rape & sexual intercourse with a minor.
You can always go to the city hall & look through the public records & look up the case records or the police report since these are public records. The case would most likely be under his name.
I would think this kind of case will be evident on him for his life.I'm not sure if sex offender cases are able to be sealed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">