• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class C misd. conviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jameswells

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.
I was arrested on July 18,2009 for an assault. Also, I was cited for a class C misdemeanor (unrelated to felony) violation on that same date and time. I was required to appear on the class C misd within 12 days from issuance of citation. While in jail, I requested disposition of the class C misd. I remained in jail for 92 consecutive days... and did not hear from the courts. I was released from confinement (on the 92nd day). One year later ( Aug. 17, 2010)I was arrested on a capias warrant for failure to appear on the Class C misd. I plead no contest and was found guilty. I have since filed an appeal on "wrongful finding of guilt". Do I have remedy?

FlyingRon

What makes you think you have a wrongful finding? Pleading no contest almost always results in a legitimate guilty conviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">