• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class C Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leedee1

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
TEXAS
A relative is having a hard time time getting a job because of a Class C Misdemeanor that's on his record. It's three years old. Can he have it expunged from his record?

snostar

Texas does not allow misdeanor convictions to be expunged. But, any type of a misdemeanor that is dismissed prior to trial or to a plea bargain may be expunged. If you were charged with a Class C misdemeanor and received deferred adjudication with the charge later being dismissed, that offense is also expugnable. Also, if you went to trial and were acquitted it would be expungable.

The requirements and process of expunction in Texas is found in the Code of Criminal Procedure. §55.01.

Leedee1

Misdemeanor C to Snostar

Tried to leave you a private message but your box is full. Just wanted to say Thanks for your reply. After reading a few replies to other people's questions, I wasn't sure if I'd get real advice or some crazy whacko. So, again, thank you for the advice and I'll put it to use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">