• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class I Felony Weapon on School Grounds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glukkon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. North Carolina

I was charged with possesing a hand gun on school property. I went to pick my kids up for visitation had the hand gun passanger seat in plain view, officer came up and I told him immediatly I had it and he ask for clip talked to my ex brought me the clip back and told me to go home and if I could see children he would bring them. Well almost a week later they came to my work and arrested me on these charges. It was a business sharing the same building as a day care, a hair saloon that my ex works at.

I have several questions.

1. If two business under same roof have one entrance do they not have to give a right away which would mean I was never on the daycare property parked directly in front of hair saloon doors and never got out?

2. Does a public school not have to own the property or have an activity going on there?

3. The pistol was never used in a crime just in my possesion it was my brothers and I had gave it back to him. The sheriff called him and said they had a search warrent and would come and get it or he had to turn it in. What right do they have to take his property?

4. The D.A is friends with the woman who owns daycare and when went in front of judge for bail is she not suppose to say what I was charged with and what she recommends the bail is nothing about the case? She got in front of the judge and said I was there trying to call my ex and children out with a gun is that not for the court hearing? Tried to tell my side cause she wanted to increase bond and judge told me that was enough.

5. Policeman gave me clip back never took gun and let me go so is that not showing he believed I was not a threat and apearently he did not consider it school property?

If anyone is familier with smalltown backwood politics and can help let me know because I believe they have no case and my brother and I have a lawsuit against this county/state Avery/NC

Thanks
Jamie

P.S there are alot more to this case but if I continue will not get any readers.w)?

FlyingRon

1. If two business under same roof have one entrance do they not have to give a right away which would mean I was never on the daycare property parked directly in front of hair saloon doors and never got out?

2. Does a public school not have to own the property or have an activity
going on there?
The law treats schools broadly to include public and private, to include the grounds and other spaces. It's PROHIBITED to carry open or concealed there. The violation is a FELONY.
3. The pistol was never used in a crime just in my possesion it was my brothers and I had gave it back to him. The sheriff called him and said they had a search warrent and would come and get it or he had to turn it in. What right do they have to take his property?
A deadly weapon used in one of the public peace violations can be confiscated. NC GEN Stat 14-269.1
4. The D.A is friends with the woman who owns daycare and when went in front of judge for bail is she not suppose to say what I was charged with and what she recommends the bail is nothing about the case? She got in front of the judge and said I was there trying to call my ex and children out with a gun is that not for the court hearing? Tried to tell my side cause she wanted to increase bond and judge told me that was enough.
I can't even begin to decipher what you're asking here.
5. Policeman gave me clip back never took gun and let me go so is that not showing he believed I was not a threat and apearently he did not consider it school property?
Means nothing.

You need a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">