• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class A Misdeamenor in Arkansas?? What does this mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JL1980

What is the name of your state? AR

My 19-year-old friend has been charged with a Class A Misdeamenor sexual assault charge for giving a 14-year-old girl that he was dating at the time a hickey. Could someone please tell me what exactly does this mean? Like, what is the limit on sentencing for a class A Misdeamenor? What's the difference in like a Class A or Class B or whatever? I know nothing about legal stuff and I'm just concerned and kinda wanting to know what's the worst that could happen, I guess. He is probably going to plead guilty because, he DID give her the hickey, so.....anyways....is pleading guilty usually the way to go as far as getting an easier sentence? I know this is like 3 questions but this all happened like, yesterday, and I'm kinda freakin out here.

If you can answer any of the above rambling, confused questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

S

seniorjudge

www.gcfa.org/ChSexAbuseStat.pdf

"My 19-year-old friend has been charged with a Class A Misdeamenor sexual assault charge for giving a 14-year-old girl that he was dating at the time a hickey. Could someone please tell me what exactly does this mean?"

This means your friend is lying to you about what he did to the girl.

Happy Trails

SeniorJudge is right. You are not getting all the facts.

5-14-127. Sexual assault in the fourth degree.

(a) A person commits sexual assault in the fourth degree if, being twenty (20) years of age or older, the person engages in:
(1) Sexual intercourse with another person, not the person's spouse, who is less than sixteen (16) years of age; or

(2) Deviate sexual activity with another person, not the person's spouse, who is less than sixteen (16) years of age; or

(3) The person engages in sexual contact with another person, not the person's spouse, who is less than sixteen (16) years of age.
(b)(1) Sexual assault in the fourth degree under subdivisions (a)(1) and (2) of this section is a Class D felony.

(2) Sexual assault in the fourth degree under subdivision (a)(3) of this section is a Class A misdemeanor if the person engages only in sexual contact with another person as described in subdivision (a)(3) of this section.
(b) A defendant convicted of a misdemeanor may be sentenced according to the following limitations:

(1) For a Class A misdemeanor, the sentence shall not exceed one (1) year;

(b) A defendant convicted of a misdemeanor may be sentenced to pay a fine:

(1) Not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000) if the conviction is of a Class A misdemeanor;

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JL1980 said:
What is the name of your state? AR

My 19-year-old friend has been charged with a Class A Misdeamenor sexual assault charge for giving a 14-year-old girl that he was dating at the time a hickey. Could someone please tell me what exactly does this mean?

My response:

Sure. It means that he applied suction to her neck, resulting in broken blood vessels closest to the derma, causing a bruising effect - - otherwise known as a "hickey".

He also screwed the little trailer trash.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

Class "A" means an "A" for effort and graduates next to felonious affairs. Your friend bought the farm big time playing with jail bait. Pretty stupid to leave behind such graphic evidence, doesn't she know what turtleneck sweaters are for, oh that right she is just a baby, she should still be playing with Barbies and drawing horses?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">