• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clearing Criminal Records after time done

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

butterfly1

Alabama./Texas
I need to know how to get my prison record cleared off my record.
I did two years in prison in Texasfor drug charges then finished three years of parole in Florida . I now live in Alabama but would like to get my past off my record. How can I get it cleared? I am now going to school taking Criminal Justice and really don't want my past haunting me forever. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks butterfly1

You should have stayed in texas. Texas has the toughest laws in regards to expungement opportunities for criminal convictions. However, they do offer first time non-violent offenders job placement opportunities.

Felonies are almost impossible to have cleared off your record and like was said law enforcement and criminal justice jobs will ALWAYS have access to your record. If you are granted an expungement then it WILL not show up on non-criminal justice based jobs. As far as what databases it could be in? Who knows, An expunged record will 99% of the time not show up as long as it has properly been done. The FCRA covers this and damages can be rewarded if a false positive is given. That is why almost all third party background check companies reverify the information they recieve sometimes two - three times before they report something on a person.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">