• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado Gun Sale Laws?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjack1177

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Not sure where to post this because I didn't see any gun law forums on here

I have a concealed weapons permit to carry in Colorado. Long story short, I have a permanent restraining order against my ex husband and I carry for my protection. Anyways, I'm prior military and I have a friend who is currently active duty who wants to buy my .357 Glock.

Anyone know where I can I find laws/info on how to do a private gun sale in Colorado?

I've googled it and not coming up with much. She is active duty military and also has a permit to carry, She was the victim of a carjacking not long ago. Based on her having a permit to carry, I know she isn't a felon. I've heard but can't find anything in writing that in Colorado you don't need to register a weapon. Which I think is kind of scary by the way. My thinking is: what if I let her buy the gun from me which I purchased from a gun shop and it gets in the wrong hands and used in a crime.

Some may say let her go buy from a gun shop and I probably will especially if I can't find any info on how to properly sell it to her. Thanks in advance!

xylene

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Not sure where to post this because I didn't see any gun law forums on here

I have a concealed weapons permit to carry in Colorado. Long story short, I have a permanent restraining order against my ex husband and I carry for my protection. Anyways, I'm prior military and I have a friend who is currently active duty who wants to buy my .357 Glock.

Anyone know where I can I find laws/info on how to do a private gun sale in Colorado?

I've googled it and not coming up with much. She is active duty military and also has a permit to carry, She was the victim of a carjacking not long ago. Based on her having a permit to carry, I know she isn't a felon. I've heard but can't find anything in writing that in Colorado you don't need to register a weapon. Which I think is kind of scary by the way. My thinking is: what if I let her buy the gun from me which I purchased from a gun shop and it gets in the wrong hands and used in a crime.

Some may say let her go buy from a gun shop and I probably will especially if I can't find any info on how to properly sell it to her. Thanks in advance!

Half way advice -

Go to a gun store with her and have the gun shop broker the deal. (IE you sell to gun shop and they sell to her) They take a small percent and y'all agree to buy some mags or something. No biggie to them or you, and no legal 'entanglements'

If you have a gun shop you like / are friendly with go there. Even if you don't go that exact route, they will have all your answers (and any forms that may be required.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">