• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

communication of a threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JGT

What is the name of your state? nc
If you get mad and say "I'm gonna kill you all !"....how serious is this ?

Anyone here know if the courts have to inform you if there are charges pending against you?

how long does it take ? it has been almost a year since I did this.

Thanks

CdwJava

JGT said:
If you get mad and say "I'm gonna kill you all !"....how serious is this ?
Unleess you had the victim around the throat or were waving a gun or other weapon around, chances are this is a big nothing.

Anyone here know if the courts have to inform you if there are charges pending against you?
No. Plus, the courts won't know until the DA files the charges ... then you'll find out because the cops will come sweep you up because of a warrant.

how long does it take ? it has been almost a year since I did this.
If it's a crime, and it's a felony, they could have years to file.

If you are worried about simply telling someone that you were going to kill them during the course of an argument a year ago, I doubt anything is going to happen ... unless you DID try to kill them.

- Carl

JGT

It was something I wrote to a company. I admitted my guilt when the police called.

Then 10 months later I only get a letter from a lawyer saying charges were pending and he would like to sell me his legal sevices.

Shouldn't they notify me if there are charges ? or will they just come and get me one day ?

I dont know how to figure this out, and I know the lawyer just wants my money...so, i'm probly just screwed. life is just too dam easy to mess up.

CdwJava

Who knows? Maybe he has a mole at the courthouse, or he trolls public filings there or at the police station. It could be a game, or it could be that someothing is pending. You might consider consulting an attorney that YOU seek out and asking him to look in to it.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">