• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

computer forensic evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cat7

what is the proper procedure for the state of Mississippi to collect forensic evidence from a computer?

Tallrat

If you want data that can be used in court it will have to be done by someone in law enforcement trained in Computer Forensics and each state will have different requirements.

So if you are trying to get info from someones computer to nail them for something it will be tainted. If you really believe someones computer has something illegal on it call local authorities.

ShowerHat

I don't understand what you want to know but I can help you if you are more specific. If you want to get someone arrested or find fodder for a civil case or custody battle it won't work.

If you had a computer seized and you think they did not follow proper procedure maybe I can help you.

All legal people here should think about protecting their PC's both home and at the office by using whole disk encryption from the open source project "TrueCrypt" As police add more and more electronic forensics operatives those operatives must justify their existence and you can expect more and more PC seizures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">