• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Comsumption on CTA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joetrisman

What is the name of your state? IL

I'm residing in Chicago right now as I go to college. I am 18. About a month or two ago, I received a CTA citation for consumption of alcohol while riding the train. The cop stopped four of us, three underage and one over. All of us were going to be charged, but the cop only had two tickets left, so he let the one over off because he already had a speeding ticket that was pending, and made the other three of us flip for the last two tickets. Well, I lost and so did this chick. He wrote me up, but I had no id on me other than my school id, so I lied and said that I was 22. The girl fessed up to being underage, so the cop said something about just putting down that she was 21 so that he didn't have to arrest her. So, I have to go to court in the next week....and I was wondering what I should do....? Like how should I plea, etc? The cop said that basically I would talk to someone like a judge and they would decide...that there would be no real court session or something. I don't know...any help would be much appreciated. BTW, I am from out of state. KY is my home state, and I am still classified as a resident there.

~Tristan Timbrook

HomeGuru

joetrisman said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I'm residing in Chicago right now as I go to college. I am 18. About a month or two ago, I received a CTA citation for consumption of alcohol while riding the train. The cop stopped four of us, three underage and one over. All of us were going to be charged, but the cop only had two tickets left, so he let the one over off because he already had a speeding ticket that was pending, and made the other three of us flip for the last two tickets. Well, I lost and so did this chick.

**A: hahaha, that's a good one.
Good thing you didn't have to play poker or gin rummy.
He wrote me up, but I had no id on me other than my school id, so I lied and said that I was 22. The girl fessed up to being underage, so the cop said something about just putting down that she was 21 so that he didn't have to arrest her. So, I have to go to court in the next week....and I was wondering what I should do....? Like how should I plea, etc? The cop said that basically I would talk to someone like a judge and they would decide...that there would be no real court session or something. I don't know...any help would be much appreciated. BTW, I am from out of state. KY is my home state, and I am still classified as a resident there.

~Tristan Timbrook

**A: tell the judge the entire story and like how you had to flip a coin and you believe the coin was rigged and like the cop liked the chick and gave you the ticket. And like how you were drinking and lied about your age so your parents would not find out about your drinking.

M

Mike101

They have a saying... Just because you step in sh*t doesn't mean you have to spread it around. You stepped in it. Be smart...plead guilty and pay the fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">