• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Concealed Weapon charges NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrslcplmccauley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I was wondering if anyone knew what are the penalties/sentencing for carrying a concealed weapon in the state of North Carolina? I have someone very close to me, in the military and he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and on military installation. He will be seeing his command tomorrow morning but I'm wondering how serious this offense is. Not only in the military but in the civilian life as well. I know I reside in Florida and we have a very strict 10 20 life law down here.

FlyingRon

I presume he wasn't carrying under orders. NC law exempt military acting in their ordered duty.

The NC violation for concealed weapons for first offense is a class 2 (60 day maximum jail time).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">