• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this condiser theft by taking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Laurie79

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husbands boss asked to borrow our car for a few hours to run some errands. My husband agreed, his boss took the car at approx 11am, and the agreement was he was supposed to meet him back at 8pm to return the car. His boss never showed up and he wouldn't return any phone call (from my husband, from his brother-in-law, and even his own wife!). This guy was gone all night and the next day, the only way we found him was his brother-in-law remembered a motel that this guy would go on his crack binge at, and went to the motel and saw the car there and stood over it until my husband got there with my keys to the car, to take it back. While this guy had the car in his possesion, he messed up the door and was apparently smoking crack in the car because the car reeked like crazy and there were burn marks everywhere. This all happened back in July 2002, this guys father has money, and said verbally to my husband that if anything was wrong with the car he would pay for it. By the way the guy is on parole for theft by taking, from another state (his parole was transfered). What can I do??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">