• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iammad

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Florida. Two problems. One: A member of our condo board hired a personal friend to repair some minor problems. The friend had no permit or licence to do the work. The board members husband then asked the board president to pay a bill of over $2000.00 with no bill. Our bylaws state, any work amounting to more then $500.00 must have three bids. There were no bids at all. Is this a criminal offense? Can the board be prosecuted? Second problem: Our board is trying to impose a security deposit for any owner that rents. Can they single out a group of condo owners for this deposit? My contention is if they want a security deposit from owners who rent then they would have to have security deposits from all the boat owners and any one living over another unit. They claim the deposit will be used for any damage done to the common elements. I say the condo insurance covers this contingency.

racer72

1. No laws have been broken. It is a civil matter that should be taken to an attorney.

2. Yes, this sounds proper. And to claim that insurance will cover any losses is ignorant. Who do you think is going to eventually pay the insurance claim? That right, all of the condo owners because of higher rates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">