• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MaxMaxwell

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I am being falsely accused from a former employee's mother at my job of buying him alcahol for the last 2 years. The kid is 16. There have been no formal complaints filed with the police department and I am getting just basic information from my boss but hearing it from people outside of work. Meanwhile the kids mother is going around and telling people that I am doing this. I never had any contact with this kid outside of work other than being asked ny my boss to give him a ride home once in a while.

My boss has given me a choice and told me that I can stay on staff and be suspended with pay until this is settled (which means it will go on my work record) or I can resign and look guilty.

I am confused. This has all happened in the span of 5 days. I am being told to not do anything legal because this is all "rumors". I have already got all of my cell phone records from the last 2 years and I am waiting for my home phone records that are being sentto me by mail.

This is making my life a living hell and it is ruining my reputation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

P

Pfaffing85690

My boss has given me a choice and told me that I can stay on staff and be suspended with pay until this is settled (which means it will go on my work record) or I can resign and look guilty.
O.K. then what's so difficult? You either stay, get suspended until this is resolved and then continue with your career or you quit.

If you quit then you have no further recourse.

It sounds as if you have a good boss who isn't making a rash decision and is proceeding in a responsible manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">