• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juneb

What is the name of your state?IL
Last April two of my friends and I went out to one of the local night clubs. At the end of the night soon after we had stepped out and were getting ready to head home, a fight broke out. My friends and I were caught in the commotion, there was a lot of pushing and shoving. We did not know the people who were fighting nor did we know why they were fighting. My friends and I fell and were trampled on. The police dispersed the crowd using pepper spray and the three of us were left on the ground confused, everybody else ran away. The police proceeded to arrest the three of us (who were stupid enough not to run away) and we ended up spending the night in jail. No matter what we tried to say to that police was useless. They did not want to listen to us. We have never been in trouble with the law ever. Now here comes the funny part.....we were charged with fighting each other!( I was accused of hitting my friends and they were accused of hitting me). The police made up bogus charges that we were fighting each other! Now we have records under our names. We are students who cannot afford to hire lawyers and I am afraid this is going to end up being a long drawn case that could have simply been avoided if the police did their job right. We have a court date next month. Do you have any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">