• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused with Illegal dumping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ty_roni

What is the name of your state?California

I need help, I was going to the dump with a truck load of junk for my grandmother inlaw with a friend. When I arrived I found out that the dump was closed already. I decided to call the other dump across town to see if they were open, I did not have a signal were I was parked so I backed up a muddy road that was at higher elevation to get a signal, I got stuck in the process. I didnt think it was that muddy but I was wrong. After my friend and I tried pushing and pulling for a good 30min. Without success I decided that the only way to get it out would be too empty the load and reload it after we get the truck out. We proceded to do so, when a Hyw patrol officer showed up in the middle of it. Now I thought it was obvious that we were stuck however she decided to cite me for dumping. What can I do? I aready opted for court but I dont know what to say, are they really going to belive a story like that? Its the series of unfurtunate events that took place... Should I get a public defender? I dont have money for a private lawyer.

Thanks

ENASNI

Ummm

You know... If I was a judge...and I am not... I would have a really hard time believing the story about the mud.

You know... if I was a Cop... and I am not... I would have a really hard time
believing the story about the mud

If your truck was stuck, the cop would have seen it, I would guess. If I were
a judge... and I am not.

You really have to go to court over this? Wow. Ain't Cali tough.

I would really be in the dumps over this. Maybe the judge got stuck in some mud lately and will believe you... I don't know.

About having someone defend you, call the courts... they will let you know if you qualify for a PD.

HomeGuru

ty_roni said:
What is the name of your state?California

I need help, I was going to the dump with a truck load of junk for my grandmother inlaw with a friend. When I arrived I found out that the dump was closed already. I decided to call the other dump across town to see if they were open, I did not have a signal were I was parked so I backed up a muddy road that was at higher elevation to get a signal, I got stuck in the process. I didnt think it was that muddy but I was wrong. After my friend and I tried pushing and pulling for a good 30min. Without success I decided that the only way to get it out would be too empty the load and reload it after we get the truck out. We proceded to do so, when a Hyw patrol officer showed up in the middle of it. Now I thought it was obvious that we were stuck however she decided to cite me for dumping. What can I do? I aready opted for court but I dont know what to say, are they really going to belive a story like that? Its the series of unfurtunate events that took place... Should I get a public defender? I dont have money for a private lawyer.

Thanks
**A: hahaha, reload, that's too funny.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">