• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confusion...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DigitalGimpling

I am in Georgia.
I posted my application on an employment website. I got a job offer that sounded somewhat shady to me. The person said the following:

"So here is my job offer. It's part-time, and the work itself would only
take 2-3 hours in a week the rest would take waiting at home and I
wouldpay you 300$ for that.
There would be from 2 to 4 parcels with electronic parts delivered to
your home address, each one in different week days. So the point is
that you or someone else would have to stay at home for those few days to
await the carrier by FedEx. Then I would send you shipping labels by
email. You would have to print and attach them to the boxes. You would
have to take the boxes and drive them to the nearest FedEx location and
send it to my address in Europe (or to my sponsor's address in USA).
One package you would keep for yourself for awhile as an insurance of your
payment. All the shipping would be paid by shipping labels. After I
receive the first part of boxes (in 8 days approximately), I would send
you your money (300$) per Western Union or to your bank account. After
you receive the money, you would have to send me the last computer. If
you work well and everything goes fine for the first time, we can
repeat this procedure every week and I would pay you the same 300$ sum every time.
If you are interested in this offer and still have enough time, don't
hesitate, write me back. It would start next week."

I, of course asked questions. WHY does she need me? What is she trying to get around? Taxes? Tarriffs? What is in these packages? I better not find them full of coffee beans.
Evidently she thinks I am a complacent, stupid bimbo. I thought I scared her off with these questions. But then she send me an email saying that the packages will be at my door the next day.

They are legitimate looking boxes from Dell, including shipping invoices. They contain computer monitors. They weren't addressed to either me or to her, but to someone else entirely. Stolen billing information?

So, now I have these boxes sitting in my apartment. What should I do? Send them off, get rid of them, talk to the cops?

ENASNI

Something is not on the up and up here. I would call the Your local Postal inspector. I did a little search and this site had something sortof similar to your situation. And it made me worry for ya! :eek:

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=905

you are most likely aiding in moving stolen merchandise.

DigitalGimpling

Thanks.

Thank you. I'll be sure to do that. Reading the link you posted... Well, I hope this isn't something they'll TRY to kill me over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">