• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confusion on Age of Consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrKoxmo

You see, in Nebraska the AOC is 16 years old. But let's say a 18 year old and 16 year old both consent are found doing sexual activities (Kissing,hugging ect).
Is there still a loophole that can get myself in trouble with the law?

xylene

kissing and hugging arent sexual activities... :cool::rolleyes:

there are scores of ways you can get caught up by being in a relationship with a minor at all and especially when you are not.

NellieBly

If this girl is so wonderful and precious to you, why not spend every waking moment taking her places and showing her off to your friends?

quincy

You see, in Nebraska the AOC is 16 years old. But let's say a 18 year old and 16 year old both consent are found doing sexual activities (Kissing,hugging ect).
Is there still a loophole that can get myself in trouble with the law?
A "loophole?"

You can potentially get yourself in trouble with the law if the one with whom you are having sexual activities (which is MORE than kissing and hugging) is mentally or physically incapable of resisting or appraising the nature of his/her conduct. In this case, consent would not be enough. See: State v. Lavalleur, 289 Neb 102, 853 NW 2d 203 (2014) and Nebraska Rev Stat §28-319.

It is smart for you to consider the possible legal problems that can arise from having sex at a young age.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
cbg's general rule of thumb for "can I get in legal trouble for doing x" issues:

If you have to ask the question, then regardless of whether the answer is yes or no, a smart person won't do it, whatever "it" is, in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">