• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consequences of violating probation? Alasksa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jsatpmp

My son was given three years probation (drug related, not a violent crime), and one of the requirements of his probation was that he reside within 30 miles of the Alaska city where he was placed on probation. My son is NOT an Alaska resident and WAS ONLY IN ALASKA ONE DAY! BEFORE HE WAS ARRESTED(that arrest is why he was put on probation.) After attempting for nearly a year to get his probation transferred to another state, without success, he finally became totally frustrated and just left Alaska altogether. Now, he's very upset that he did that, and I, his Dad, am scared to death that if and when he returns to Alaska he's going to go to jail for violating his probation. Does anyone have any idea what the consequences might be?

N

nuyuky

Please check out peratrovich v. state. I believe that the courts in this decision cannot dictate where a probationer should reside. Good luck.

N

nuyuky

Please check out peratrovich v. state. I believe that the courts in this decision cannot dictate where a probationer should reside. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">