• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this considered theft/larceny?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LordMarik

Maryland....

I have a question. I lent my XBox 360 to a "friend." I didn't know this person as well as I thought I did. Two week ago I started having suspicions and asked for it back. Two days passed without me receiving it and I asked for it again. I then didn't hear from him for another couple of days. When I finally got ahold of someone at his house I was told he had been arrested and was in jail. He apparently had a warrant out for him in Delaware (about 10 miles away) He had told me several lies. First he told me he had it there at his house and could he borrow it until the next day. When I stopped back over he told me it was at his brother's house about 20 mins away and he would call his brother and have him drop it off by 6 o'clock that same day. I never received it obviously. So now, is this considered larceny/theft? I voluntarily lent it to him. But when I asked for it back and he failed to return it to me isn't it then considered theft? His mother was going to visit him in jail today but of course she hasn't been home. I hope someone responds soon. t I will be calling the police tomorrow to report this incident. If someone who does feel that this is theft can please tell me what to say to the officer to make him understand that this is in fact theft I'd greatly appreciate it. I heard several different opinions so I'd like to present the facts in the way that will help me get my products back. I don't know if it matters but I calculated the total amount of value that has been stolen(?) and it is $500. I'll post here soon to let everyone know what has happened. Thanks in advance.

LordMarik/Corey

**CAN A MODERATOR OR SOMEONE ELSE LET ME KNOW IF THERE IS A MORE ADEQUATE LOCATION TO PUT THIS THREAD IN? I WOULD JUST LIKE TO HAVE THE OPTIMAL AMOUNT OF VIEWERS/POSTERS FOR THIS TOPIC. THANKS AGAIN**

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">