• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conspiracy of conspiracy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

themohawkninja

As I understand it, conspiring to do something illegal is in it of itself, illegal. Therefore, is the act of conspiring to conspire something illegal, illegal?

To give an example, if two people plan to murder someone, that is conspiracy of murder. If those two people, planned on where and when to meet, to then plan on the murder, count as conspiracy of conspiracy of murder?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
As I understand it, conspiring to do something illegal is in it of itself, illegal. Therefore, is the act of conspiring to conspire something illegal, illegal?

To give an example, if two people plan to murder someone, that is conspiracy of murder. If those two people, planned on where and when to meet, to then plan on the murder, count as conspiracy of conspiracy of murder?
1: This forum is for US law only.

2: This forum is for people who have real questions, not hypothetical questions hatched up by people sharing beers around the campfire.

themohawkninja

1: This forum is for US law only.

2: This forum is for people who have real questions, not hypothetical questions hatched up by people sharing beers around the campfire.
1. As I understand, that is U.S. law.

2. What is so wrong about asking if an interpretation of a law is valid or not? Isn't that one way of looking at what the Supreme Court does all the time? Seeing if a law is valid with possible interpretations of the U.S. Constitution?

Silverplum

1. As I understand, that is U.S. law.
Is it?

And for what reason did you erase the auto-question, "What is the name of your state?"

themohawkninja said:
2. What is so wrong about asking if an interpretation of a law is valid or not? Isn't that one way of looking at what the Supreme Court does all the time? Seeing if a law is valid with possible interpretations of the U.S. Constitution?
The SCOTUS is at http://www.supremecourt.gov/. We aren't the SCOTUS. :cool:

themohawkninja

Pardon the possible double post, I'm a bit confused as to how posting works since I was able to see the post right afterwards until now.

tranquility

To your specific example, no. See Wharton's Rule.

But, to give argument, why is that only two conspiracies? How many "agreements" are there in a conspiracy? How many conspiracies are there if we get together and plan multiple murders?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">