• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting Traffic Ticket-Driving in Carpool lane with one person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was driving on the freeway and a car almost side swipes me while trying to get into my lane. So I step on brakes and was force to swerve into the other lane which would be the carpool lane. After that I tried to get back into the other lane, but there is a long line of cars that wouldn't let me. I see an opening which I take and the cops sees me and pulls me over for riding in the carpool lane. Do I have a case?

Additional information
Also what if I said something in the moment? I told the officer that I was almost in an accident, however I just blurted out "isn't it the time?" , because carpool lane is from 7-10 am. But the actual time was 9 not 10. Would this make my case bad?

Please and thank you for the help!

anearthw

It seems more likely that with others driving like jerks and no space to move back to regular lanes, that one might take the carpool lane to avoid the traffic. ;)

Your case is already bad and you are grasping at straws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">