• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to the Delinquency of NO ONE!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mellomann

This happened in Nashville, TN.

I was out at an event last weekend and went to the parking lot to grab my cell phone when I saw some friends hanging out in the parking lot. As I approached I noticed some of them were drinking. There were two females sitting in a car drinkin some beer whom I did not know, but one of my friends did. They introduced themselves and we all continued to just hang out there talking.

Well my friend walked over to his car and offered me a beer, which i foolishly took, and then even more foolishly decied to open. Not a bright idea, but at the time it seemed reasonable. I walked back over to where the two females were and continued talking. Now at this point its just me and the two females in the parking lot. Then not even 1 minute after i opened the beer, a cop pulls up in the parking lot.

The two hide their beer, but I hang onto mine. She tells us all to sit down and asks for our id's. Come to find out both of the girls were underage. I was then placed in a cruiser and asked questions about my job, name etc to go on the citataion. The charge is Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor.

Now, I did not know these females, I did not buy them any alcohol, nor did they give me any of theirs and I had no clue how old they were. I just happened to be standing there next to them and i get charged with it. I mean the way I look at is if I were at a bar and some cops busted some females for drinking and took me in because I was next to them.

I have a court date in May, and I have a clean record. What should I do? I dont think I have done anything wrong! :(

O

oberauerdorf

You should be hell out of your friends for punking out and not speaking up. It would not have helped since you are an adult and should have more common sense than that, but at least you would know known these weren't just punks but real friends.

mellomann

They were already gone, but the cop was such a 3itch that she would not let ANYONE near us. I had friends that were thinking I was going to jail from across the street that tried desperately to know what was going on but were not allowed to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">