• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contributing to deq of minor...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yoshgirl

here's the thing... I'm 19 and went out with my neice (16) there was alcohol involved and she ((for some reason)) told her dad. <no relation to me> He is threating to press charges. What can happen to me? What if anything can happen to her?

J

JMK

Statutes vary from state to state, but to give you an example of a charge and its elements from one jurisdiction:

UNLAWFUL TRANSACTION WITH A MINOR, THIRD DEGREE (CLASS A MISDEMEANOR)

A. Acting other than as a retail licensee
B. Knowingly
C. Sell, give, purchase or procure
D. Any alcoholic or malt beverage in any form
E. To or for a minor

T

Tracey

She told her dad because she didn't like what she'd done and felt the need to confess and let him handle it. He trusted you with his daughter. You showed extremely poor judgment, exposed his little girl to all kinds of unnecessary risks, & betrayed his trust. Frankly, if you pulled that stunt with MY 16 yr-old child, I wouldn't just *threaten* to press charges. Perhaps if you apologize profusely enough, he'll let the matter drop. Grovel. Grovel sincerely.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">