• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contributing to a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amberdaun

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? oregon..
someone i know was arrested for contributing to a minor for three different minors.. and i was just wondering what the penalties and the sentencing could be.. like what the maximum charges will be.

Happy Trails

amberdaun said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? oregon..
someone i know was arrested for contributing to a minor for three different minors.. and i was just wondering what the penalties and the sentencing could be.. like what the maximum charges will be.
Assuming you mean alcohol:

From Oregon statutes:
471.410 Providing liquor to person under 21 or to intoxicated person; allowing consumption by minor on property; mandatory minimum penalties. (1) No person shall sell, give or otherwise make available any alcoholic liquor to any person who is visibly intoxicated.

(2) No one other than the person’s parent or guardian shall sell, give or otherwise make available any alcoholic liquor to a person under the age of 21 years. A person violates this subsection who sells, gives or otherwise makes available alcoholic liquor to a person with the knowledge that the person to whom the liquor is made available will violate this subsection.

(3) No person who exercises control over private real property may knowingly allow any other person under the age of 21 years who is not a child or minor ward of the person to consume alcoholic liquor on the property, or allow any other person under the age of 21 years who is not a child or minor ward of the person to remain on the property if the person under the age of 21 years consumes alcoholic liquor on the property. The prohibitions of this subsection apply only to a person who is present and in control of the location at the time the consumption occurs. The prohibitions of this subsection do not apply to the owner of rental property, or the agent of an owner of rental property, unless the consumption occurs in the individual unit in which the owner or agent resides.

(4) A person who violates subsection (1) or (2) of this section commits a Class A misdemeanor. Upon violation of subsection (2) of this section, the court shall impose at least a mandatory minimum sentence as follows:

(a) Upon a first conviction, a fine of $350.
(b) Upon a second conviction, a fine of $1,000.
(c) Upon a third or subsequent conviction, a fine of $1,000 and not less than 30 days of imprisonment.

(5) The court shall not waive or suspend imposition or execution of the mandatory minimum sentence required by subsection (4) of this section. In addition to the mandatory sentence the court may require the violator to make restitution for any damages to property where the alcoholic liquor was illegally consumed or may require participation in volunteer service to a community service agency.

(6) The mandatory minimum penalty provisions of subsection (4) of this section shall not apply to persons licensed or appointed under the provisions of this chapter.

(7) A person who violates subsection (3) of this section commits a violation. Upon violation of subsection (3) of this section, the court shall impose at least a mandatory minimum fine as follows:

(a) Upon a first conviction, a fine of $350.

(b) Upon a second or subsequent conviction, a fine of $1,000.

(8) Nothing in this section prohibits any licensee under this chapter from allowing a person who is visibly intoxicated from remaining on the licensed premises so long as the person is not sold or served any alcoholic liquor. [Amended by 1963 c.243 §1; 1971 c.159 §5; 1977 c.458 §1; 1977 c.814 §1; 1983 cor. c.736 §1; 1995 c.301 §40; 1995 c.599 §5; 1995 c.756 §1; 1999 c.351 §58]

amberdaun

thankyou..one more question...

who can you consider your gaurdian? i live with my boyfriend, i am 18 and he is over twenty one.. does that make him my gaurdian?

Happy Trails

amberdaun said:
who can you consider your gaurdian? i live with my boyfriend, i am 18 and he is over twenty one.. does that make him my gaurdian?
No, legally you are an adult at the age of 18.

Nice try though!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">