• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Convicted of Accessory to Crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbelle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? in Colorado

This is the felony to aiding and abetting a felon.

I was convicted by the assistant attorney generals office for helping my ex run from trial because at that time he had threatend he would hurt my 17 year old daugther if I didn't. I was afraid he would carry out that threat. Although I didn't tell the police where he was I made myself obvious for the detectives to follow me.

At that time I was 47 years old. I am now 54 with a felony that is not quite 7 years old. It's hard enough to be 54 and not able to keep a job because of my age but to be 54 and have a felony conviction that no one is willing to allow me to get past. I am limited as to the jobs I can perform due to physical limitations and even the type of jobs I am capable of doing are getting hard to perform because my disabilities are getting worse the older I get.

I would like to know if anyone can tell me how I might fair out if I were to ask the governor or state of colorado for clemency. I live in Georgia right now but would like to go home.

I don't know how much longer I will be capable of working but I would like to be able to keep a job or get a job without worrying about not being hired because of this felony. Right now I live with my son but he and his wife don't want to be responsible for me and I don't want anyone to be responsible for me except me. I want my independance back that I lost 7 years ago. I lost everything including my dignity.

Is there anyone out there that has had to fight this same battle and if you know what my chances are for clemency?

Alone, afraid and abandoned in Georgia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">