• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Convicted child molester - not registering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bittermom

What is the name of your state? California
A relative of my brother in law molested my then 8 year old daughter. After being in jail for 6 months, he took a deal where he has to register himself as a convicted sex offender where ever he lives. After almost 8 years, I find out he is not registering himself. I know what state he lives in. My fear is that he will do this to another innocent girl so I would like to alert the proper authorities and also find out what will be his punishment for not registering. Thank you.

B

Bittermom

I don't know if I am allowed to disclose his name here. I need guidance as to what to do.

JETX

Ignore 'Son of Spam'....
Do NOT provide his name here (Heck, it might even be Son of Spam!).

Do you have his address?? If so, then you can contact the local PD where he lives and advise them that he has not registered. If that locality has a registration program (not all do), they will then take care of it.

If you only know the state, that would be harder to do, but you could contact the state police and let them know of his presence and your concern.

B

Bittermom

CONVICTED SEX OFFENDER NOT REGISTERING

All I know is the state. I could try to get the city, but I doubt if I could. What are the consequences to him if he is found in violation of not abiding to the order of having to register himself for the rest of his life? This guy only spent 6 months in jail, and I feel that he should still be in there. I've seen horrible stories of innocent children being molested and killed by someone who had a history of sex abuse towards children.

K

Kaz the Minotau

It is also probably a violation of his probation not to register. You should contact the agency that arrested him and/or appropriate probation department.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">