• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Convicted or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jessica_pa

What is the name of your state? PA

I was arrested and charged for shoplifting in August 2002 which it was 67 dollars thing. Then I went to do fingerprint and went to the court. I discussed with the police and he withdrew that charge and gave me to sign the plea guilty for "Disorderly conduct" instead which I paid the fine later. My question are:

1. Does it mean I was convicted for this charge? In the future, if I apply for a job and they ask by whether I was convicted? And if they asked whether I was arrested? Do I need to say "Yes" for my wholelife even it was withdrawn.

2. What is it going to show when someone do background check on me --> Show the original charge/arrest record or show that it was withdrawn, will it show that I have DC plead --> but in PA it is only summary offense (violation) not a crime.

3. I did try to expunge. I sent the petition to court. But DA's office (ADA) sent the letter to the judge against said that it was true that the charge was withdrawn but for that I did plea guilty for the DC instead. --> is there anything I should do to get this expunge.

Thanks

J

jessica_pa

I would like to add something !

SO the original charge was withdrawn --> I have all the paper work from the court, I checked with the county court, they said my charge was dropped.

AND then I got the DC in another docket --> not crime --> I already paid the fine off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">