• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cops lying on report, and I have proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shcowboy

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I was issued a ticket for serving minors alcohol at a party at my house. In the official police report the officer stated that they were dispached to the party because of a noise complaint. I checked the police phone records and there wasn't a call that came in or was there a dispatch record of them being sent there.

I have gone to court and the officer didn't show up so I have had to get him supenaed (sp) there, and I was wondering if there is anything that I can to do get this case dismissed or fines lowered because of the lying on the report. there were three other indescrepencies on this report including:
1. falisified testimony from witness- witness said in court and to the police that night that he brougt his own beer. In the police report it says that he told police that he got it from the house
2. my actions- they said that I was intoxicated (I hadn't drank at all that night) and that I refused to break up the party. I have several witnesses against that.
3. prior warnings- the report states that this officer has been by our house before because of noise complaints, but we have never had any problems.

not only all that but all my neighbors within three blocks were at the party! there was no one around to complain.

thanks in advance for any help on this matter!!!

Last edited:

M

Mike101

People have different definations of being dispatched. If a car flagged them down and told the officer there was a lot of noise coming from your house some would consider that being dispatched. That might be more of a misinterpretation then a lie. As for the other lies make sure that they are lies before you say they are. Don't count on getting it dismissed on lies. It will have to be some big ones for that to happen. Fines are up to the judge. Depends on the judge, what kind of record you have, etc. What are the other lies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">