• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corrupt DA's, lawyers, and police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FitandPrettyGA

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hi my Name is Stephanie. Back last year July 29, 2004, I was at home with my daughter and my fiancee. Me and my fiancee had went into the back room to I guess you can say have a disagreement. We was in our room with the TV and window air conditioner on. I guess we had been back there approx. 45 mins or so when I got up and looked out the window to see cops outside the house. I told my fiancee and he told me to go outside and see what they wanted. As I opened my front door I see guns pointed at me and them telling me to come to there car. They claimed that they had been trying to call us on the phone but then they were asking me for my phone number. So I gave it to them. They called my fiancee and told him that he needed to come out. He wanted to know why? They also asked me if there was any guns in the house and I told them yes Three because he use to be a cop in SC so of course he had a gun.
After talking to him they got him to come out. Cuffed him and took him to jail. After that one of the police officers told me that me and my daughter had to come down to the police station. So we did. When we got there the police officer told me and my daughter that if we did not write what he said down that he was going to take my kids away, so scared we did. He told us to write that my fiancee had chocked me, and put a gun in my mouth and treatened to kill me and my daughter had to say she seen him choak me. The next day I went and bailed him out and when we got home I told them what they made us write. So, the next day which was on a Monday I went to the DA's office and asked them what I needed to do to have these charges dropped because I was told what to write. Well the secratary told me to write why I wanted the charges drop, have it notorized and she would have the DA look at it when he got all the paper work. After that I thought it was over. Next thing I know he got court papers saying to be in court on 5 different charges. Aggervated assualt, aggervated assault with weapon, child crulity, having a weapon during crime, aggervated assault on my daughter. Of course we could not afford a attourney so we got a state appointed one.
We go to court for I guess was where you say if your guilty or not/ judge or jury trial. At this time our attourney says ready for a jury trial. This attourney didn't even know my fiancee's name nor had he ever contacted us about the case.
Needless to say we went to trial. First thing was the admitted into evidence the weapons, two not loaded and one police 9mm that was. Then they show the video of me coming out of the house. In the video you can plainly hear the police calling the phone company trying to get our phone number and showing me come out of the house and me giving it to them but when the cop was on the stand he said he had nego. my release. Which was a total lie because it was on video plain as day I came out on my own free will and gave them the phone number. The only reason I didn't come out sooner was because we didn't hear them calling us on the loud speaker because of the tv and air.
My daughter and I both was called on the stand and we both told them that the police officer told us what to write in our handwritten statements, they also asked my daughter if she ever seen him with a gun when she came back in the bedroom and she said NO. To make this already long story short they gave him 10 years, 5 to serve.
We have filed a appeal and he's been in Washington State Prison Davisboro GA for 10 months. Now everytime they set a date to go in front of the judge they keep changing the date further and further back. We have Maurice Bennett (the same lawyer Bobby Brown had ) but can't seem to get him to call us back but when he does which is very rare he says that they have enough evidence to put the whole town under for corruption.
Now I want to know how do I and his family get something done. Should we alert the media or Feds or what? Seems this town has there own laws and they do whatever they want. I want a Lawyer who won't kiss butt and isn't scared to expose this town for what it really is. I did some research on the town itself and they have 4 major mutimillion dollar lawsuits on them already for corrupt things in the police force and judges. The sheriff that was there when this happened was found on the mountain at a well known Crystal meth house and was seen doing it hisself. Of course he didn't get re elected. They also treatened to put me in jail if I didn't sign a TPO agianst my kids, when I refused they took my kids and put them in foster care. I have them back now and have sinced moved back to SC.
Does anyone Know what I can do to get my fiancee out of prison? Or does anyone know of someone who isn't scared to expose these people for what they really are? I don't have alot of money because we gave Mr. Bennett 17,000 already but I am willing to put up my house if I can find someone to help me. Please help.
Desprite

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I only read 3 or 4 paragraphs and finally figured out that this post came out of Georgia. Trailer trash "Cops" country.

Were there cameras outside? "Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do. Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"

This site is dedicated to the men and women of law enforcement. All Dufus druggies from Georgia are innocent until hung.

IAAL

racer72

It just amazes me that the police, DA's office and the courts have nothing better to do that put innocent folks in jail while the real criminals are still out on the streets. :rolleyes:

FitandPrettyGA

Well it seems now that the court date on Sept 8th has been continued once agian. Now I wonder why? Said the next one might be in Oct. this man will be in there a year then. This is really making me hate this country.

Just Blue

FitandPrettyGA said:
Well it seems now that the court date on Sept 8th has been continued once agian. Now I wonder why? Said the next one might be in Oct. this man will be in there a year then. This is really making me hate this country.

Based on your opening post, it seems like your country hates you too.

FitandPrettyGA

It seems our country hates all of us based on how long it took them to help the Hurricane Katrina desaster. They can help all the other countries but took them 5 days to get help for them.
Anyhow, I have been calling trying to find out when the next court date will be set but to no avail. Our lawyer doesn't return phone calls, the investagator knows nothing and noone is answering the phone at the Trenton DA's office, this is rediculas. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">