• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

counterfeit checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kelli716

help me please!

What is the name of your state? New York City
I cashed some checks for this woman who said that she worked at Duane Reade. The checks totaled $2934.00 over a period of three weeks. She came to me and asked me if I could cash these checks for her because she lost her id, and she didn't have a bank account. I cashed them at a local supermarket. I was just informed three days ago that all of the checks that I cashed were counterfeit. The manager already went to the precinct to press charges. What is my legal status in this? Will I be charged with anything, can I go to jail?? I had NO IDEA these checks were counterfeit I have cashed many checks for other people and never had any problems like this before. I have five children, I cannot go to jail. Please help me!!@!:confused: Will I go to jail??? What can I do??????? :confused: The check was NOT made out to me. It was in her name.

Last edited:

all can say is that anytime you endorse a check(to put t simply) you are saying that you guarantee that there is money to back it up. if she signed the check and you co-signed you are both liable(that was how it was explained to me) but if it was made out to you, well you were the patsy anyway i am not a lawyer but good luck

Y

yoyoma

YES you can go to JAIL and probably lose custody of your kids...

Come on you cant really be that dumb....think of this as a learning experience, that you are passing on to your kids, that mom isnt too bright.

And that you should stay in school, graduate, DO NOT get pregnant and if you do have an abortion.

Because we dont want to be this old and not too bright like mom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">