• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Counterfeit Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samelrod

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I made an attempted to use (1) $50 that was counterfeit. I was caught. I admitted to the secret service. They did not arrest me, but read me my rights. I answered there questions for a while, and said I wanted a lawyer for anymore questioning (I felt like they were trying to trick me and mess me up). They searched my house, there was no evidence. My hard drive has no evidence on it. I was 17 at the time of criminal act. I am now 18. How likely is it that they will decide to press charges against me. And if they do, will they fine me or give me prison time. I have never had any trouble with the law before.

samelrod

It has been over 2 years since I posted the above question. They are now finally considering putting me into a pretrial diversion program, what are my odds of getting it?

Ive never been arrested technically, I work 2 jobs full time, and goto college.

S

seniorjudge

samelrod said:
It has been over 2 years since I posted the above question. They are now finally considering putting me into a pretrial diversion program, what are my odds of getting it?

Ive never been arrested technically, I work 2 jobs full time, and goto college.
How would you expect anyone to know the answer to your question?

S

seniorjudge

samelrod said:
Anyone who is familiar w/ pretrial diversion might be able to...
I have ordered that several thousand times and I don't have the slightest idea what the answer is.

Good luck.

samelrod

seniorjudge said:
I have ordered that several thousand times and I don't have the slightest idea what the answer is.

Good luck.

2.1 years ago when I was a minor, I counterfeited and attempted to pass a $50.00 bill. I was confronted by the secret service a few weeks later and I confessed.

In that 2 years I have not been charged officially yet, but have been recommended for pretrial diversion. In that time I have not committed a crime, or ever, I have kept a full time job and went to college (currently enrolled).

It is my impression that a pretrial services officer compiles a report and submits it to the Assistant District Attorney w/ recommendation and then the ADA decides.

I was wondering if anyone could speculate on wheter or not it would be a good possibility that I would be given pretrial diversion.

I hope this is not to vague...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">