• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

counterfeit money order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natalieh

What is the name of your state? new mexico. My question is I received a money order from a finanical company and cashed it at my bank and was notified that the money order was counterfeit and the bank is holding me liable for the amount of the money order. I have filed a report with the local police department. What else can I do?

Happy Trails

natalieh said:
What is the name of your state? new mexico. My question is I received a money order from a finanical company and cashed it at my bank and was notified that the money order was counterfeit and the bank is holding me liable for the amount of the money order. I have filed a report with the local police department. What else can I do?
Rmetx is right. You can run a forum search for 'Nigeria'. There are some links that can provide you with some government agencies.

Even a yahoo search is informative.

S

seniorjudge

You are absolutely liable for a counterfeit money order.

That means if it is bad, you must pay the money back that you got.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">