• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

County ClerkMakes Threats On Behalf of Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justicespoon

What is the name of your state? ohio
Below is a copy of a fax just sent to the judge assigned to this case, however I found out that she is on vacation until Thur. and I believe the Clerk of Courts has intercepted and fear retaliation. Is there any action that can be taken for the threats made and the courts holding my money so long. Statute states its to be returned. The second text is from a letter sent to NBC, you might find it interesting as far as the possibility of further action. Please advice.

Dear Judge Barber,
My name is James Quirk and I was involved in a case in your court in Feb 2001 case #99TRD12203, the case was dismissed on 2/12/01 however to date I have been unsuccessful in recovering the $2,5000 bond that was posted. I was however able to recover the $10,000 bond posted on the co-defendant Kiranjeet Gabriel (also dismissed) The day that I picked up the check for $10,000 I asked Mr. Liiteral about my bond and he said don’t even ask, this was on a Monday. The Friday prior to this my mother contacted him and he told her that no bonds would be refunded on either case and that it I continued to pursue this that you would become upset and reopen the case and prosecute me. This upset my mother and concerned me as well, I don’t know if the fact that Mr. Litteral is my uncle’s brother (whom I’m not especially well thought of) is a factor or not. I’m having a hard time understanding how I can be penalized $2,500 on a dismissed case. Judge Barber you obviously are a person of high moral standards and I by no means believe he was speaking on your behalf. But I thought it important you are made aware of his actions, so not to tarnish your reputation. I am on disability and have a child in California who is very ill and I need to travel there soon, this is the reason for my once again attempting to recover the money due me. Please help me clear up this situation, it is not my intention to cause problems, I just want to put this behind me and get to my son and the only way I can do this is recover this bond money. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to advise me of your findings.
Yours Respectfully,
xxxxxxxxx
June 27, 2001

TO:
Robert C Wright, CEO
National Broadcasting Company, Inc.
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York , NY 10112-0002

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[email protected]

RE: PLANETFEEDBACK REFERENCE NUMBER 820924

Dear Mr. Wright,

I am writing out of frustration, fear and a lack of understanding. My question is must we be shot unarmed in the back by a police officer in order to get justice?
We have gone to everyone requesting help, even the FBI! The person who I spoke to asked me how did I know I could trust them? This after my attorney advised us to flee to avoid retaliation from in his words a law enforcement agency known for misconduct. We were seeking protection for God Sake, we even traveled to Washington and are on record with the Dean of Clinical Affairs GWU School of Law. Seems an election year is not a good time to raise issues. My wife has gone as far as contacting her friend a member of India's Parlament, also film star Shatrughan Sinha who agreed to assist her if need be. This due to her fear of further race based profiling and mistreatment. I'm an American and very ashammed of it, I assured her that truth would prevail and the system worked. How Sad! Please help me in getting the attention this issue deserves and prevent possible national embarrasement. She came here from Kenya for a better life in the land of the free, help me prove its still true
It seems because it has to do with local government misconduct, both law enforcement and judicial media sources are fearful. However after the retaliation my wife and I experienced after inquiring as to the safety of an inmate possibly being medically mistreated, I understand. But now after our case being dismissed the court refuses to refund $15,000 in bond monies, infact when inquiring I was told it had been refunded. About an hour later the clerk called informing me that she was incorrect and that we would'nt be getting the money back, though ordered by the judge who set the bond. The funny part is that they refused to accept the bail 3 times over a two day period and now they wont return it after the dismissal of the cases, which by the way was for false arrest and report. We are affraid,broke and bound. We do have a Constitutional Right of Conscience, right and wrong. This is not about money its about truth, the money is just the final straw.

This story is truely a pandora's box and extremely well documented.
God Bless

Thank you for your time. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
[email protected]

CC:
Dan Cheney
Eric S Sirulnik , Dean GWU
J Q
Jeffrey A Ziegler Pres. National Reform Assoc.
Jon Murphy American Bar Assoc.
M Jones
News Dept WDTN 2
News Dept WHIO 7
News Dept WKEF 22
Romesh & Sunita Japra
David L. Hobson
George Voinovich
J. Kenneth Blackwell
Mike DeWine
Robert Taft

J

justicespoon

Clerk possibly covering $15,000 never posted

The Clerk of Courts told my mother that if I continued to attempt getting my $15,000 that the judge would become upset and there would be trouble. I went into the court the following week and spoke to one of the girls and she told me that there had never be any actual money posted to the cases, that it was showing surety. I posted cash, then the clerk sees me and rushes me into his office telling me he knew something smelled wrong and pulled the file out of his desk. All bail info was written in pencil on the back of the jacket and no record of cash postings in the file. He cut me a check for $10,000 on the codefendents case and told me not even to ask about mine??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Clerk possibly covering $15,000 never posted

justicespoon said:
The Clerk of Courts told my mother that if I continued to attempt getting my $15,000 that the judge would become upset and there would be trouble. I went into the court the following week and spoke to one of the girls and she told me that there had never be any actual money posted to the cases, that it was showing surety. I posted cash, then the clerk sees me and rushes me into his office telling me he knew something smelled wrong and pulled the file out of his desk. All bail info was written in pencil on the back of the jacket and no record of cash postings in the file. He cut me a check for $10,000 on the codefendents case and told me not even to ask about mine??

My response:

Then, no threats were made. Saying that "the judge would become upset and there would be trouble" is not a threat. When it comes to judges, that was probably a "PROMISE".

IAAL

J

justicespoon

check that, what he said was the judge would reopen the case and prosecute it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">