• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court assessed fines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grimmdanny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (iowa) i have an outstanding court fine i am unable to pay. the county clerk turned it over to the iowa dept of revenue service who now demand full payment plus a 10% fee. i am unemployed, have no source of income, am dependent upon the state for food and medical assistance, and am in the process of filing for disability for both medical and psychological conditions. how do i get the fines 'set-a side' or 'dismissed'??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I would find out from the court how to set a court date and talk with the judge. Courts will not generally dismiss/waive your fines, but they may have other options like community service, payments, or extensions... doesnt hurt to ask though...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">