• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In court for criminal trespass for going to see 7mo old daughter on private property!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Black Rob Libra

undefinedWhat is the name of your
state? PA

I've been staying with the mother of my child on private property (HUD run) since she was 2 months pregnant until now. I've been arrested for trespassing 3 times and banned by management from going to see my 7 month old daughter. When in front of the magistrate after the first arrest, I asked why I wasn't allow in the housing complex, even though I have a daughter there, I was told "because (management) says so, it's private property, and she doesn't need a reason". I thought that explanation wasn't good enough for me to take the risk of going back with my daughter. So I went back and have been arrested 2 more times and now the charge have been upgraded to defiant criminal trespass. I'm a little nervous as to what the possible penalties are since I'm not from a Commonwealth. I'm from NYC.
I believe that it is purely discrimination because I am black (28 yrs old), she is white (19), her father used to work at the housing complex we're living in now, the day before I made the deposit for the apartment her dad was in managements office with her, and he had some things to say about me, even though he never met me, he has referred to me as a " racial slur ", he disowned his daughter, punched in the face and called her, then fetus, a " racial slur ". I've never gotten into any trouble in the housing complex other than for trespassing with no explanation. Sounds like and feels like this is discrimination. :mad: I've also paid fines and court costs and spent a total of 12 days consecutively, in county jail. Worst part is, I have court tomorrow 8/16/05, with " no legal defense. " Please HELP!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">