• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Injuntion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MarcusJ

I hope someone out there can answer this for me please!
Last year, in the state of Florida, my ex-girlfreind had a restraining orderd against me for absolutely no reason at all except for spite! Like a big hearted dummy I ended up taking her back into my life. For almost a year weve been together, untill the nite she she was arrested for assault and battery against me. Not only did I get fired from my job but I had to fork out $632.00 in hotel damages to the room. Needless to say were not together anymore!!! MY ? is, Can there be charges filed against her for missusing the court order injunction in the first place. It seems really unfair that a person can go in front of a judge and make up a bunch lies, just too make someone's life a real mess!!!

H

Humble Warrior

In most states the minute she co-habitated(24 hrs) with you on a voluntary basis,she also voluntaritly voided the PFA.
It is a one-way deal.....she can void it.....you cant......your screwed.

A

Axle

No one can void it except the judge. You violated it, she didn't. You go to jail, she doesn't.
HW, she can't voluntarily void anything, only the judge can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">