• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court lost paperwork - issued bench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Schu

I was just arrested on a bench warrant that I did not know I had and should not have had levied against me. I was court ordered to get counselling for three months on a DV charge and submit proof to the court. I paid for and went to counselling with my wife for 11 months and have the canceled checks to prove it. I also have a copy of the letter that the counselor submitted to the courts stating that we were involved in weekly counselling sessions and had contracted their help for the next six months. Upon arrest I was informed that I had this bench warrant against me for not giving the courts proof of counselling. Mind you, this is 2 1/2 years after the crime. I have been pulled over two other times I can recall in this time period and was never arrested. I never received anything from municipal court saying they had levied a warrant for my arrest. I had to pay another $1000 cash to bail out, and I didn't do anything. What can I do to get any form of retribution for disrupting my family and humiliating my person?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">