• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Probation & Non-criminal offenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

collin4

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Last night I recieved a MIP citation for having a bottle of beer, which, although it did not belong to me, it was in my posession when the officer arrived. The officer also did not give me a sobriety test, but I wasn't intoxicated in any way. I don't have a question on the MIP charge. I realize that it is merely a violation, and, under normal circumstances, I would just have to go to municipal court and pay a nominal fine.

However, my situation is a bit more precarious; when I was eighteen I was charged with Assault IV and given a commuted sentence and placed under 36mos. of court probation, which expires in February. I am nearly 21 now, and I've had absolutely no trouble with the law since my assault charge. Also, the county in which I am on court probation (Marion) is differnt than the county which I received the MIP (Lane).

My question is this: is there any way that Lane county will discover that I am on court probation in Marion county, and if so what action will they take?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">