• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court refused to pay court appointed atty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justicespoon

What is the name of your state? OH
A month after my sentencing my attorney called demanding payment telling me the courts refused payment. If so was I represented?

racer72

The court did not refuse to pay for the court appointed attorney, you apparently do not qualify for free legal representation. In most cases, those represented by court appointed attorneys are required to pay part or all of the legal fees.

J

justicespoon

had not worked 2 years 0 $ they paid him for muni case that was dismissed

calatty

Financial responsibility for representation is worked out before legal proceedings, not after. If you had no income for two years, you must have qualified for court-appointed. You might want to call the court clerk to find out what's up, but it may be the attorney's problem, not yours.

HomeGuru

justicespoon said:
What is the name of your state? OH
A month after my sentencing my attorney called demanding payment telling me the courts refused payment. If so was I represented?
**A: yes, you were represented.

J

justicespoon

These things I'm told happen to those who try to expose, I was held two months after the muni portion of the case dismissed and told had no bail until finally told by my attorney only way out to plea. Shot they flew me for free from CA to OH didnt fine me and only assesed 150 cost. but boy did they put a cap on me!
The courts approved court appointed but in the end refused payment, he told me he had other clients who couldnt pay and they traded labor on a home improvement project he was doing in exchange for payment. I refused!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">