• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist Ad Turned Left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guyudontknow

I was on craigslist in the m4m section (yes I am gay) and I think an underage kid has replied to my ad. My ad said anonymous, he replied and in his reply he stated "I just turned 18 not too long ago so I might not look mature". Suspicious, I asked for a face pic and he gave me one. In the background of that pic I saw a school id on someone else's desk saying 9th grade, however something on the wall said something about 12th grade science. He can drive which could be a clue, since i was 18 in 11th grade. Should I report him, if I should who to and would anything happen since if he was a minor he wouldn't get in much trouble. I'm not going to risk messing with him since, even if he's not a minor, guys also get arrested without getting reported or knowing the person was underage. Thanks in advance.

Btw I'm in Arizona I accidently deleted the first sentence

Last edited:

Proserpina

I was on craigslist in the m4m section (yes I am gay) and I think an underage kid has replied to my ad. My ad said anonymous, he replied and in his reply he stated "I just turned 18 not too long ago so I might not look mature". Suspicious, I asked for a face pic and he gave me one. In the background of that pic I saw a school id on someone else's desk saying 9th grade, however something on the wall said something about 12th grade science. He can drive which could be a clue, since i was 18 in 11th grade. Should I report him, if I should who to and would anything happen since if he was a minor he wouldn't get in much trouble. I'm not going to risk messing with him since, even if he's not a minor, guys also get arrested without getting reported or knowing the person was underage. Thanks in advance.

Btw I'm in Arizona I accidently deleted the first sentence

Reporting him won't accomplish anything at all.

Cbg gave you excellent advice, but I'd like to expand on it a little.

When you use websites as dating pools, you take on a serious risk of not only being involved in an underage scam, but also of being scammed every which way from next Tuesday additionally.

If you're young enough to have a legitimate interest in young adults yourself, keep it safe - no online dating, no texting, sexting or anything else-ing. At all.

Meet people the usual way. In person. At the gym, perhaps. Or laundromat. Even a coffee shop. And once you do meet someone, no texting, sexting or anything else-ing until you're damn sure that you know who you're dealing with.

There's a time and a place for online dating sites. Just not - in my opinion - when you're younger than 25.

guyudontknow

Thank you both, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be hunted down in another country or something for being accused of underage sex that never even happened. I usually don't do stuff like this but I'm moving to Australia in 2 weeks and wanted to have a bit of fun before I leave.

Proserpina

Thank you both, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be hunted down in another country or something for being accused of underage sex that never even happened. I usually don't do stuff like this but I'm moving to Australia in 2 weeks and wanted to have a bit of fun before I leave.

I'm sure it'll cause a bit of excitement if your passport is flagged before you leave.

Just know that Australia is very, very good in terms of returning Americans to the US if they're wanted for certain things.

swalsh411

You're being fished for information which would then be used to extort you, hoping you will pay to avoid damage to your reputation. You aren't really talking to an underage boy. In fact, the person (or persons) you are talking to likely isn't in this country. It's a common CL scam.

Just stop all communication with this person(s).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">