• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gomateo

What is the name of your state? CA

2 Years ago I applied for 2 credit cards in my father's name and SS#. I received the cards and proceeded to max them out $300 & $1000. 16 months ago I obtained help for my alcohol and drug addiction and have been clean since, As part of my recovery program I had to make ammends by; 1) writing letters to both credit card companies with attached affidaviats explaining my actions and my desire to accept full liability 2) Informing my father of my actions and intention to resolve asap. My dad then called credit card companies and was advised to complete police report before they'd remove from his credit.

I was recently called by the police dept in the city that this all took place in and was asked for my current address in the event they need to send me court notice etc...

Question: I don't expect the rest of the world to pat me on the back for my recovery efforts and I do intend on "facing the music" but naturally I'd like to avoid jail. I've got my daughter back and a good job and I guess I'd like to know how I can find out whether or not I will be facing criminal charges and if so, what might I be looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">