• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yankeetrader

What is the name of your state? VA
I hired a friend to do some remodeling on my house. He was to provide the labor and I was to purchase all material. I placed a large order at Home Depot for some material that my friend helped me to gather on the cart. I was not paying attention to what he was putting on the cart. I gave my credit card to the cashier to pay for the material. My friend took the material list before I could see it with the intent of checking it against the material so that I got everything that I ordered. He lost the list. I asked him to find it but he says he was never able to find it. After a couple of months, I went back to the store and was able to get a reprint of the materials list. To my surprise my friend had charged $824 in power tools against my credit card. I asked him to reinburse me for the tools and he denied adding them to the cart. He says he doesn't have the tools and blamed his two cousins that he had hired for charging the tools. The cousins always rode in my friend's truck so they never had an opportunity to take the tools without my friend seeing them take the tools. Sorry for being so verbose. How can I get my $824 from my ex-friend? Thank you.

Son of Slam

yankeetrader said:
What is the name of your state? VA
I hired a friend to do some remodeling on my house. He was to provide the labor and I was to purchase all material. I placed a large order at Home Depot for some material that my friend helped me to gather on the cart. I was not paying attention to what he was putting on the cart. I gave my credit card to the cashier to pay for the material. My friend took the material list before I could see it with the intent of checking it against the material so that I got everything that I ordered. He lost the list. I asked him to find it but he says he was never able to find it. After a couple of months, I went back to the store and was able to get a reprint of the materials list. To my surprise my friend had charged $824 in power tools against my credit card. I asked him to reinburse me for the tools and he denied adding them to the cart. He says he doesn't have the tools and blamed his two cousins that he had hired for charging the tools. The cousins always rode in my friend's truck so they never had an opportunity to take the tools without my friend seeing them take the tools. Sorry for being so verbose. How can I get my $824 from my ex-friend? Thank you.

****Eight large, one twenty and four ones.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">