• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Credit Card Fraud or Not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danne12485

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

A friend of mine opened a credit card account online, and got two cards.one with her name and it and one with mine on it.When they arrived she said she didnt have a job to pay the bill, but i could use the card.She never used the one with her name.I used the one with my name and made the monthly payments. When me and her had an argument, she then stated I stole her identity and she never opened the account.I have closed the account and paid the balance off.So does she have a case if she pursues legal action

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

A friend of mine opened a credit card account online, and got two cards.one with her name and it and one with mine on it.When they arrived she said she didnt have a job to pay the bill, but i could use the card.She never used the one with her name.I used the one with my name and made the monthly payments. When me and her had an argument, she then stated I stole her identity and she never opened the account.I have closed the account and paid the balance off.So does she have a case if she pursues legal action
Not if you pay the money you borrowed...

Antigone*

There is much more to this story than you are telling.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">