• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit card/larcent charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CBHAMMOND

What is the name of your state? MA - I have a 17 year old daughter who will be charged with 8 counts of larceny/credit card fraud. (Took card from a friend, possibly for drugs).. Could she go to jail?

HomeGuru

CBHAMMOND said:
What is the name of your state? MA - I have a 17 year old daughter who will be charged with 8 counts of larceny/credit card fraud. (Took card from a friend, possibly for drugs).. Could she go to jail?
**A: yes and if she is on drugs, jail may be a wake up call.

C

CBHAMMOND

Any idea what length of time we may be talking about? The charges have not yet been filed with the court and i am taking her to a counselor Fri. If shwesuggests counseling & an out-patient drug program would that help possibly reduce the jail sentence when we do go to court and she is convicted??

S

sdstrooper

Felony or misdemeanor larceny? Was she charged with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree felony or misdemeanor? Felonies go anywhere from 180 days to 99 years (5-99 years for 1st, 5-20 years for 2nd, 1-10 years for 3rd, 180 days - 1 year for state/4th felony), misdemeanors go from a day to 1 year. That is per count. My years may be off a bit, but you get the general idea. Jury will decide on the exact time if any, the fine (up to $10,000), and whether she can serve each count concurrently or consecutively.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">